UK Legal Counsel
Apply to join the Logicor team in our London office.
Job Description: Legal Counsel
Reporting Line: General Counsel
Logicor, a portfolio company of China Investment Corporation and Blackstone, is one of the premier real estate companies in Europe focusing on the operation of modern logistics and distribution properties. We currently own and operate over 13 million square metres of space in key locations across the European supply chain. Logicor is headquartered in London, with regional offices in France, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, Romania, Hungary, Sweden and Finland.
This is a great opportunity for a corporate/generalist lawyer to work for an entrepreneurial, growing and leading business across Europe. The role will report directly to the General Counsel and involve working closely with the UK and Luxembourg legal and compliance teams, senior management and business teams across all jurisdictions.
- Assisting the General Counsel with a wide range of legal, risk and corporate governance matters
- Advising the senior management and the wider business on legal risks and issues on discrete matters and working alongside them to find solutions and manage legal and other risk
- Designing, improving and implementing good corporate governance practices and procedures, including to meet compliance requirements
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and other legal documents
- Drafting (in conjunction with other business functions) policies and procedures for a wide range of business areas
- Project planning and management in relation to new initiatives and development of processes and procedures for the business
- Implementation, training, monitoring and auditing of policies and procedures and new processes
- Designing and implementing processes and procedures within the legal, compliance and risk function internally and with external parties
- Assisting and advising on corporate structuring matters
- Advising on applicable UK laws and regulations and best business practices and developments
- Developing and executing appropriate training across the organization.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Approximately 5-6 years legal experience post qualification and current practicing certificate
- Private practice experience in a reputable law firm is required with additional experience in commerce/industry with an international organization.
- Generalist/Corporate background with an ability and enthusiasm to be involved and advise on a variety of areas.
- Excellent technical ability, strong analytic skills, good verbal and written communication and project management skills are required with an ability to work well with teams across disciplines, jurisdictions and cultures both internally and with external parties.
To register your interest please send your CV and covering letter to Laura Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8th.