Senior Asset Manager, Milan
As an Asset Manager this candidate will have accountability for approximately 40 percent of the portfolio covering specific submarkets in the Greater Milan, Rome, Bologna and Verona logistics market. They will assist on the general management of the Italian portfolio.
Job Description: Senior Asset Manager, Milan
Reporting Line: Director of Asset Management, Italy
Logicor, a portfolio company of China Investment Corporation, is one of the premier real estate companies in Europe focusing on the operation of modern logistics and distribution properties. We currently own and operate over 13.6 million square metres of space in key locations across the European supply chain. Logicor is headquartered in London, with regional offices in France, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, Romania, Hungary, Finland and Sweden.
In order to accommodate the recent growth of the Company and to ensure an effective management of the assets, the Company is now looking to hire a dedicated Asset Manager. As an Asset Manager this candidate will have accountability for approximately 40 percent of the portfolio covering specific submarkets in the Greater Milan, Rome, Bologna and Verona logistics market. They will assist on the general management of the Italian portfolio.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director, Asset Management in Italy and will be based in Milan, with frequent travel across the North of Italy and Rome. The role will require the candidate be on site an average of 2 days a week.
- Maximise the performance of the Italian portfolio by managing void space, increasing the rental tone, lease length and valuation
- Establish strong working relationships with current tenants and leverage opportunities
- Work with external letting agents to produce marketing campaigns and let void space
- Increase the value of the portfolio by maximising rental streams and added value initiatives
- Work with the external property managers to maximise efficient portfolio management including, rent collection, competitive service charge budgets, etc.
- Disposing assets when required
- Sourcing and supporting acquisition / development opportunities
- Work with other external advisors to manage building contracts and the dilapidations process
- Monitoring all third-party service providers involved in the management of the portfolio, in particular the external property managers
- Improve the quality of the assets through value- enhancing Capex works, including the coordination and management of Capex projects
- Manage refurbishment contracts
- In conjunction with the Portfolio Analyst to prepare, implement, monitor and deliver on annual budgets, internal performance reports, and asset management plans for the entire portfolio and prepare deal-specific supporting analysis and underwriting
- Achieve and exceed savings against budget
- Prepare ad-hoc portfolio and market presentations
- Work on initiatives for continuous improvement of performance, efficiency, risk control, and operational processes
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the Real Estate industry, working for an institutional investor / developer, consultant, occupier, not necessarily in the logistics sector
- Engineering or economics degree, with a solid academic track record (a real estate specialization or master’s is welcome)
- Strong client orientation and negotiation abilities
- Experience of managing external service providers
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Ability to prepare and implement business plan for each asset
- Proven ability to validate valuations and projections
- Strong systems skills (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to digitize and track new data.
- Proficient in business English.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Detailed oriented, structured and methodical
- High-energy level, self-starter
- Flexible and willing to travel regularly
- Self-motivated able to demonstrate creativity in order to bring added value to the organisation
- Ability to multi-task and to work effectively under pressure & meet deadlines
- Promote best practices and knowledge sharing
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to seamlessly accommodate the values and culture of the organisation