Group Financial Controller
We are seeking a Group Financial Controller with proven leadership capabilities to join our Finance team based in London.
Job Description: Group Financial Controller
Reporting Line: Director of Group Finance
Logicor, a portfolio company of China Investment Corporation, is one of the premier real estate companies in Europe focusing on the operation of modern logistics and distribution properties. We currently own and operate over 13.6 million square metres of space in key locations across the European supply chain. Logicor is headquartered in London and Luxembourg, with regional offices in France, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, Romania, Hungary, Finland and Sweden.
We are seeking a Group Financial Controller with proven leadership capabilities to join our Finance team based in London. The Group Financial Controller is a senior member of the finance team and will be responsible for managing the Group Finance team and the consolidated results of the Group.
The Group is undertaking a significant Business Transformation project, which involves implementing a single accounting and property system, insourcing the accounting from third party bookkeepers and implementing standardised procedures and controls. We are looking for a dynamic individual who will fully embrace this change project and be a key member of the team to deliver an efficient world-class finance function.
Supporting the Director of Group Finance, you will assume direct responsibility for the daily management of Group Finance, improving the internal control framework, whilst supporting the development of new financial strategies. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop the Group Finance team of nine people.
- Take ownership of the consolidation and group reporting, IFRS financial statements and internal and external Quarterly reporting requirements by meeting all deadlines and providing accurate financial information.
- Become a key member of the Business Transformation team with a focus on improving controls and financial processes. This will involve insourcing third party bookkeepers, appraising current procedures and the internal control framework across the portfolio and improve them to facilitate more accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Steer finance systems developments to ensure that the Group operates with financial systems appropriate for a large multinational Group.
- Overall responsibility for all technical IFRS accounting papers
- Business partner with the Portfolio Management and FP&A teams and report into stakeholders directly to deliver relevant financial information.
- Member of the finance leadership team
- Managing, coordinating and reviewing work of the outsourced third parties responsible for financial reporting and asset management.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure timely review of financial information and completion of audits.
- Ensure all financial compliance activities and regulatory filings are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (2:1 or higher)
- A professionally qualified accountant with a minimum of 7 years’ post qualification experience, with at least 3 years gained in private equity, listed or real estate business.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS You will possess excellent technical skills, group consolidation experience and IFRS experience.
- Managerial experience with excellent interpersonal skills.
Leadership Capabilities REACH
- Drive to keep on track and to deliver
- Flexible to work with changing demands
- Add value through insightful analysis, balancing appropriately the big picture and component detail
- Understand and be able to clearly explain what is happening
- Drive change in behaviours and processes across the organisation including outside of own functional area
- Collaborate and build a network with all parts of the business to support the whole organisation in achieving its objectives
- Be a source of positive, energetic leadership across finance supporting the whole team
- Have real ownership of the delivery of objectives
- Clear communications with all stakeholders, in and outside of the business
- Deliver high quality output consistently to tight timetables across multiple work streams simultaneously by achieving success through others
- Empower and develop capabilities of the team